My name is Tim LaBonne and I’m a software developer working in Wisconsin on various finance-related projects at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where I’ve worked since 2001. I’ve been coding since I was around 13 years old and I love to create and learn new things.
I’ve professionally been using the following technologies lately:
- .NET (specifically C#) and Visual Studio
- HTML and CSS
- ASP.NET MVC and Web Forms
- jQuery, jQuery UI, jQuery Mobile
Since my job requires me to wear many different hats, I also do quite a bit of analysis of requirements, customer interviews, and interaction design. In fact, I really like learning about interaction design.
I’ve dabbled with a lot of other things too but only as personal projects:
- XNA Framework-based game programming (I published two games on the XBox 360 Indie Games service).
- Windows Phone 7
- Windows Store apps
- Bing Maps API
Things I worked on a long, long time ago:
- C/C++ and DirectX 6.0-8.0 (I wrote my first game in C using DirectX 6 DirectDraw API)
- Win32 and MFC
I hope to post things of interest to the developer community that has helped me out a lot over the years. You can contact me at tblabonne AT gmail DOT com.